TOTINO's BOLD WWE SUPERSTAR CONTEST
Official Contest Rules
CONTEST OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. NO ENTRY FEE NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION. No entry fee necessary to enter. The Contest is sponsored by World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on June 6, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 18, 2014 (the “Contest Entry Period”). Eligible contestants (“Contestants”) are invited to create and submit a video response to “what makes you the next WWE Superstar?” (a “Submission”). THIS IS NOT A SWEEPSTAKES. By entering the Contest, each Contestant agrees to abide by these Official Rules. These Contest Rules and all other agreements, releases, waivers and authorizations executed by Contestants in connection with the Contest (collectively, “the Terms of the Contest”), taken together, constitute an agreement between each contestant on one hand and Sponsor and General Mills, Inc. (“General Mills”) on the other. WWE reserves the right to permanently disqualify from this Contest any person it believes has violated these Official Rules. The costs incurred in creating and submitting a Submission are to be borne by the contestant and contestants will not be reimbursed by WWE or anyone else.
No monetary compensation, payments, residuals, reuse fees or other remuneration will be made to contestants with respect to WWE’s use of a Submission.
EXCEPT FOR WHAT MAY BE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR IN THE TERMS OF THE CONTEST, NO MONETARY COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT, PAYMENTS, RESIDUALS, REUSE FEES OR OTHER REMUNERATION WILL BE MADE TO CONTESTANTS FOR THEIR PARTICIPATION OR FOR WWE’S USE OF ANY ASPECT OF THEIR PARTICIPATION.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To enter and participate in the Contest, Contestants must satisfy each of the following eligibility requirements:
A. Contestants must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia.
B. Contestants must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entering his or her Submission and also must have reached the age of eighteen (18) at the time the Submission was created.
C. For Contestants who reside in Alabama or Nebraska, and who have not reached the age of nineteen (19) or who reside in Mississippi or Pennsylvania and who have not reached the age of twenty-one (21): Contestants who reside in Alabama or Nebraska and who have not reached the age of nineteen (19) or who reside in Mississippi or Pennsylvania and who have not reached the age of twenty-one (21) can only apply and participate in the Contest with the prior consent of a parent or legal guardian. To the extent Contestants must review and consent to any documents and agreements or provide any authorizations, assignments, releases, grants, indemnifications, consents or waivers in connection with the Contest, Contestants from Alabama and Nebraska who have not reached the age of nineteen (19) and Contestants from Mississippi and Pennsylvania who have not reached the age of twenty-one (21) also must have a parent or legal guardian review and consent to all such documents and agreements and provide any such authorizations, assignments, releases, grants, indemnifications, consents and waivers.
D. WWE reserves the right to request proof of age and residency, and, as applicable, proof of parenthood or guardianship, in the form of valid, government issued identification/documentation at any time from Contestants, and an applicant will be disqualified if WWE, in its sole and exclusive discretion, finds that the proof is unsatisfactory.
E. Contestants must not be (i) employees, officers or directors of WWE or any person or entity involved in the Contest’s development or execution; (ii) employees, officers or directors of the aforementioned entities’ respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies; (iii) members of the immediate families of any such employees, officers or directors (meaning spouse, spousal equivalent, parents, siblings, children and their spouses, regardless of whether any of the above are step-relatives); or (iv) members of the households of any such employees, officers or directors (whether related to such employees or not).
F. Contestants may not be bound by any contracts or agreements that conflict with their participating in the Contest and any other WWE events, projects or assignments including, but not limited to, appearing on WWE broadcasts and other programs, making appearances on behalf of WWE, and/or appearing in WWE advertising, publications and other materials.
G. By making Submissions, Contestants agree to participate in all Contest-related activities, whatever their nature, make themselves available for all such Contest-related activities, travel when requested by WWE and to otherwise cooperate with WWE in all respects should they be selected as a winner.
H. Contestants must have no legal restrictions on travel.
3. HOW TO ENTER. During the Contest Entry Period, you may enter the Contest in one of the following three ways:
i. YouTube: Visit http://www.wwe.com/TotinosBold (the “Site”) and follow the instructions provided to complete the registration process and upload your Submission in response (see below for Submission content and eligibility guidelines); or
ii. Twitter: Send your Submission via Twitter using the hashtag #WWETotinosBOLD; or
iii. Email: Email your Submission to WWETotinosBOLD@wwe.com
All Submissions must be submitted online and must be received by June 18, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET. For purposes of these Official Rules, “receipt” of a Submission occurs when contestant clicks the "upload video"button onthe YouTube platform, Tweets a video using the hashtag #WWETotinosBold, or emails the video to the address provided. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of email) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules.
Limit one (1) Submission per person/unique email address. Sponsor will only consider entrant’s first entry video. If additional Submissions are received from any one person or unique YouTube user name they will be deleted and disregarded. Incomplete entries and those that Sponsor in its sole discretion determines do not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
4. SUBMISSION SPECIFICATIONS. Each Submission must be the original work of the contestant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the contestant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the contestant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Submission to Sponsor, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Submission by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. Users may not use images or music from outside sources. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any contestant at any time.
Submissions must comply with the following guidelines to be eligible:
- Submissions must not exceed three (3) minutes in length.
- Submissions should not contain physicality; show your character and personality, NOT your moves.
- Submissions must be in the form of an uploaded “video response” to the WWE instructions
- All Submissions are subject to Sponsor’s review and approval before being posted on Sponsor’s YouTube response page.
- Submissions may not contain material or depict events that are sexually explicit or suggestive, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or depict nudity;
- Content may not include actions of a violent nature, or overly aggressive physical nature;
- Content may not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Content may not be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Content may not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or other people or companies;
- Content may not contain trademarks, logos or trade owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission;
- Content may not contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission;
- Content may not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Content may not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- Content may not depict and may not itself be in violation of any law or otherwise.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of a contestant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Entries will be judged by a panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor (the “Judging Panel”). Each entry will receive a score based on following criteria: (1) incorporation of costume and wardrobe as part of Contestant’s unique WWE Superstar persona; (2) public speaking/oration skills; (3) on-camera charisma (e.g., humor, wit, verbal and physical expression); (4) creation of most appealing and aspirational WWE Superstar persona. Each of the criteria will be given equal weight. The Contestant submitting the top scoring Submission, as determined by the judges, will receive the Grand Prize, subject to confirmation. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the Judges who shall select the Submission that best meets criteria #4. Sponsor reserves the right to not award any Grand Prizes, in its sole discretion, if it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. The Judging Panel’s and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters.
A potential Winner will be notified by YouTube, Twitter or Email messaging approximately twenty-four (24) hours after being selected, and instructed to contact Sponsor by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours. Winner may be required to sign and return a participation agreement, consent and release, affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, where lawful, a publicity release, within three (3) days of the date of issuance or prize will be forfeited. If a selected Grand Prize winner does not respond to the YouTube messaging notification within twenty-four (24) hours following the initial notification attempt, is found to be not in compliance with these Official Rules, fails to timely return the requisite documents in a timely manner, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to the contestant submitting the Submission with the next highest score, subject to confirmation in accordance with these Official Rules.
6. CONDITIONS TO PRIZE AWARD AND ELIGIBILITY. The award of and eligibility for receipt the Grand Prize are subject to the following:
A. Contestants must disclose to WWE if they have ever been arrested, charged and/or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, other than minor traffic or parking violations, whether they have ever had a restraining order entered against them and whether they are currently the subject of an arrest warrant or criminal investigation. WWE reserves the right, in its sole and exclusive discretion, to disqualify any potential winner based on such disclosures as well as any other details concerning a potential winner’s background. At WWE’s request, each potential winner must authorize WWE to procure and/or conduct such full and complete background checks of the potential winner as WWE, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems necessary or appropriate. Potential winners must fully cooperate with WWE in connection with such background checks.
B. Contestants must be in excellent overall physical and mental health and know of no pre-existing medical condition or other health-related reason why they should not participate in the Contest. Contestants must sign releases attesting to such facts as well as the fact that participating in the Contest or any prize may expose applicant to the risk of death, serious injury, illness and property damage. Contestants must accept and assume any and all risks of injury, death, illness or disease, and any and all other damage to themselves, to others, or to property, which arise in any way from participating in the Contest or any prize.
C. At any time and at WWE’s request, Contestants must provide relevant information regarding their physical and mental health and must agree to undergo physical, psychological and/or drug testing, including, but not limited to, an EKG and blood tests. Contestants must cooperate fully with WWE in connection with such testing. The nature of such testing shall be determined by WWE in its sole and exclusive discretion and Contestants must meet all physical and psychological requirements set by WWE. WWE reserves the right, in its sole and exclusive discretion, to disqualify any applicant based on the results of any such testing.
D. Without limiting an applicant’s other confidentiality obligations, no applicant may post any content relating to the Contest (including, without limitation, any reference to such applicant’s participation in the Contest) on a personal website or post any messages on any web message board in connection with the Contest without express written consent from WWE.
E. If selected as a Winner, Contestants must be available to travel to, and participate in, Contest-related events, including without limitation, appearances on WWE’s programming, which will be videotaped, audiotaped, filmed and/or photographed broadcast on any WWE-related programming or posted on wwe.com. In addition, Contestants selected as a winner must be exclusively available to WWE with respect to all media services (including, without limitation, all forms of television, motion pictures, radio, print, and/or the Internet) and for any and all press and publicity events related to the Contest for the duration of the Contest, commencing at the conclusion of the casting event through and including the one (1) year period immediately following the final broadcast date of the WWE broadcast in which they finally appear. A winner must be available on a first priority basis for such period of time as may be required by WWE in connection with the making of any commercials, advertisements and other promotional tie-ins relating to WWE, WWE programming and/or the products or services of any sponsor of WWE programming without additional consideration, to the extent permitted by law.
F. Contestants agree to be videotaped, audiotaped, filmed and/or photographed at any time during the Contest including, but not limited to, during Contest-related events, while being transported to and from Contest-related events, while present in any WWE-provided accommodations, and during Contest activities, WWE program broadcasts and other Contest or WWE-related events. Contestants must further understand and agree that their performances and appearances in connection with Contest may be broadcast on WWE programming, posted on www.wwe.com, and may be further used, edited, altered, copied, reproduced, licensed, sold, rented, disclosed, displayed, published, performed, distributed, exhibited, broadcast, or otherwise exploited by WWE, in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, the internet, for any purpose whatsoever, without further compensation to, or authorization by, the Contestant.
G. By applying, Contestants commit themselves to all that is required of winners as specifically set forth in the Terms of the Contest. Contestants must cooperate with WWE in connection with all aspects of the Contest and must abide by all applicable U.S. and foreign laws. Violation of any applicable law or the Terms of the Contest is grounds for immediate disqualification from the Contest.
H. WWE reserves the right to invite individuals who have prior experience or desirable characteristics to participate in the Contest and to offer such individuals a stipend to encourage their participation.
7. One (1) Grand Prize. One (1) Grand-Prize Winner will receive the following:
A. Grand Prize Trips #1 and #2: Travel for winner and one (1) guest to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida on the dates below, where the winner will train with WWE “Personality Building” experts to refine and cultivate the winning WWE Superstar character.
- Grand Prize Trip #1: 7/7/14 – 7/10/14, WWE Performance Center, Orlando, FL
- Grand Prize Trip #2: 7/31/14 – 8/1/14, WWE Performance Center, Orlando, FL
Each Grand Prize Trip consists of roundtrip coach class air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest from the major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s home to the destination city metropolitan area airport; (2) ground transportation to and from Contest-related events while traveling; (3) up to three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations (one (1) standard room, double occupancy); and (4) $50per diem to be used towards meals.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $4,600.00
A Grand Prize winner who is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence must be accompanied on all Grand Prize Trips and at SummerSlam by a parent or legal guardian, unless such parent or legal guardian is one of the Grand Prize winner’s chosen guests. All guests of Grand Prize winner must be at least 18 years of age; provided, however, that if any such guest has not reached the age of majority in his or her state of residence at the time of travel, the parent or legal guardian for such guest must execute an Authorization Form, giving consent, a Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, on the guest’s behalf.
All expenses not specified in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, taxes, insurance, transportation, spending money, beverages, food and merchandise at the WWE Performance Center or SummerSlam and all other personal and incidental costs are solely Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Prize winner shall be responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes including but not limited to any sales and income taxes.
No prize substitution or cash redemption, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. The Grand Prize is not transferable.
8. ENTRY CONDITIONS. By submitting a Submission and entering the Contest, contestant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) to accept as final and binding the decisions of the Sponsor, the Judging Panel and their respective agents in all matters relating to this Contest; and (c) that all entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
9. OWNERSHIP AND PUBLICITY RIGHTS. Submissions will be retained by WWE and will not be returned. By entering the Contest, each Contestant waives any moral rights in the Submission (including the persona/WWE Superstar character portrayed therein) and assigns all rights, title and interest in and to the Submission and the persona/WWE Superstar character portrayed therein, including all copyright, to WWE. Each contestant acknowledges and agrees that, once submitted, WWE owns the Submission and WWE shall have the exclusive, unrestricted, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, freely-assignable and irrevocable right to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, license, sell, rent, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, or otherwise exploit the Submission, in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, print, broadcast television, radio and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the contestant. Although WWE has all such exclusive rights of ownership, it is not obligated to exercise these rights. Each contestant further agrees that WWE has the unrestricted, irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use contestant’s name, address, photograph, picture, likeness, moving image, voice, biographical material, and personal information, whether in their original form or as altered, edited, lifted or reproduced by WWE or its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, contractors and representatives (collectively, a contestant’s “Likeness”), in perpetuity throughout the world, whether in connection with the Contest or not, in any and all media for any and all purposes without additional consideration to, or further authorization by, the contestant. By entering the Contest, each contestant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant to WWE all the rights granted in this Paragraph. By entering this Contest, each contestant further signifies his/her agreement that (i) excepting contestant’s enjoyment of the Submission in the privacy of his/her home, contestant may not use or permit others to use the Submission without obtaining the prior written approval of WWE; and (ii) contestant will execute such further documents and instruments and take any further acts as WWE may reasonably request in order to effectuate these terms.
10. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Contest subject to all applicable Federal, state and local laws and regulations. WWE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withdraw, suspend or amend this Contest in any way, at any time, and without notice if for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest. WWE reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to select winners for prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the action requiring such termination. By entering the Contest, each contestant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless WWE, General Mills, Inc. and all others involved in the development, execution and administration of this Contest and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and agents and each of their respective owners, shareholders, agents, officers, directors, employees and representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any and all liability arising in any way from the Contest, the receipt, use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof, contestant’s production and submission of a Submission and the Releasees’ review and use of the Submission or his/her Likeness, or any parts thereof, including, without limitation, liability (i) for death, personal injury and property damage; (ii) to any other persons, including, without limitation, liability arising from any claim relating to the breach or alleged breach of the representations and warranties contestant is making in connection with contestant’s Submission; (iii) by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration or optical illusion that may occur, whether intentional or otherwise, in connection with the exercise of WWE’s rights hereunder; and (iv) for any similarities between contestant’s Submission and future WWE products, programs, marketing materials or advertisements. By entering the Contest, each contestant irrevocably agrees in all cases to waive any right that he/she may have to inspect and/or approve WWE’s use of his/her Likeness and/or Submission or any related finished product or copy that may be used in connection with the same. Releasees assume no responsibility for (i) lost, late, stolen, illegible, incomplete, damaged, postage due, misdirected, misplaced or mutilated entries; (ii) malfunctioning computers or cameras; (iii) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer hardware or software transmissions or technical failures, or incomplete, delayed or garbled transmissions; or (iv) other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic, human or otherwise. If WWE determines that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, WWE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any entries that appear to have been submitted fraudulently or to cancel or modify the Contest, in whole or in part. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. In all cases, WWE reserves the right to confirm a contestant’s eligibility to win a prize and WWE may require proof of age and residency and the contestant will be disqualified if WWE, in its sole discretion, finds the proof unsatisfactory. WWE further reserves the right to disqualify any contestant whose behavior, past or present, WWE, in its sole discretion, deems to be inappropriate, a threat or danger to others and/or an embarrassment to WWE. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW. Any claims arising out of the Contest shall be governed solely by United States law and may be brought only in a federal or state court located in Connecticut. If any provisions of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
13. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST. For names of the Grand Prize winners or for a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by August 1, 2014 to: Totino’s Bold – Next WWE Superstar Contest, 1241 East Main Street, Stamford, CT 06902.
14. SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., 1241 East Main Street, Stamford, CT 06902.
© World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.